If you think your home may need some work, it probably does—it may even be due for a complete remodel which often can be more cost-effective than approaching the project piecemeal. Here’s how you can tell if it may be time to consider a whole-house renovation.
- Your home has outdated, inadequate or potentially unsafe utility lines. Simply replacing the electrical and plumbing systems in a house alone can cost you a fortune. A whole-house renovation will simplify the process—this way, there isn’t a lot of concern about preserving walls and appearance and you can get the job done while taking care of other fundamental issues.
- Your home wastes lots of energy. If your home has outdated, insufficient quantity or poor quality insulation, old and drafty windows and doors, or outdated roofing and siding, you should consider giving the whole house a makeover. Once the renovation is complete, you energy costs should decrease substantially making this a great long-term investment while also adding resale value to your house.
- Your home has an old or un-maintained appearance. Does your home have worn trim, old paint, or cracked siding? What about dilapidated decking and/or a rotting porch? Is your flooring outdated, ugly, or irreparably damaged? Is your kitchen outdated? Consider these factors when weighing whether or not to go ahead with a full renovation.
- Your home has insufficient space. Whether you need to free up more space in specific places or you may need more rooms overall, you’ll certainly need to do a complete remodel to achieve this end. Often times, adding an additional story to the house can be more cost-effective than expanding out on the ground floor.
- Your home can’t hold its value in today’s market. Remember that owning a home should be a sound investment, so make sure your house can compete in the market today. If not, it may be time for that remodel especially if you are happy with your neighborhood and have no interest in relocating.
The professionals at Timberlake Building & Renovation are committed to giving you the home of your dreams. If you’d like to learn more, please give us a call at (443) 837-3105, and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.