Last updated 12 months ago
You’ll need to design the home of your dreams before a contractor can build it. Try researching house plans and photos for inspiration. This Android app from FamilyHousePlans.com can put the right resources in your hands.
The House Plans app gives users access to thousands of home plans, remodeling ideas, and design tools. Beautiful, professional photographs are just what your remodeling project needs to move past the design stage. The app’s content is managed and published by The Garlinghouse Company, a trustworthy remodeling resource.
The custom home experts at Timberlake Building & Renovations can help you design the house of your dreams, too. We’ve served Maryland residents since the 1960s, and we have the experience needed to completely renovate your home. Call us at (443) 837-3105 or visit us online to view our portfolio.
Last updated 1 year ago
Many families choose to relocate because the family outgrows their house. New family members and a lack of storage space can quickly make a home feel small. Unfortunately, a move can come at the cost of a great neighborhood. Explore your options for creating a custom home and staying at the same location.
- Expand Your Interior: Often time, a simple home addition, such as a new bedroom or an extension of the living room, is enough to provide for changes to your family, such as a new baby or older kids. Your home may also need the extra room to support a home business venture. New entrepreneurs, for example, can benefit a lot from a private office. Don’t sacrifice important neighborhood connections or a convenient commute distance for the sake of one or two rooms. Instead, make the most of your current space with the help of Timberlake Building & Renovations. Our expansion and home renovation team can construct a new room that perfectly matches the look and interior design of the pre-existing home.
- Rebuild Your Home: Your space needs may be too complex for a simple home addition, and if your home has outdated exterior fixtures or severe structural damage, a new home may seem like the only option. However, Timberlake Building & Renovations offers a convenient alternative. We can build you a dream home from scratch on your current property. Specializing in tear down/rebuilds, we can remove any existing structures on the property, recycle any salvageable building materials and either work with you on a custom set of house plans or build one of our dozen or so house models and semi-customize them to fit your needs.
Maintain important connections in your Maryland community by rebuilding a home on your current property. Help from Timberlake Building & Renovations will make the process simple. Call (443) 837-3105 to learn more about our services.
Last updated 1 year ago
If you hire an inexperienced builder to construct your new home, you may encounter frustrating delays and setbacks due to poor communication and unrealistic project dates. Thankfully, builders like Timberlake Building & Renovations offer fast home remodeling services. The following highlights from the Timberlake design process demonstrate how our professionalism can give you a Timberlake model home built on your land or lot in approximately four months.
- Informative Consultation: Our building process starts with a complimentary consultation visit. You can discuss your ideas for your new home with us, which helps to create the project’s first budget and timeline. If you are interested in new construction, you will have to add land development into the project’s budget. If you are performing a reconstruction, otherwise known as a ‘tear down/rebuild’, we will take the deconstruction process into account when determining the project timeline. This initial meeting helps organize the entire project and maximizes efficiencies and priorities for the project as a whole.
- Architectural Support: Building plans are an integral part of your home design process. Unfortunately, the task of finding and comparing architects can add weeks to your project schedule. If you are interested in a full-custom home, Timberlake Building & Renovations will connect clients to some of the areas top-rated custom home designers—homeowners can design their perfect home with ease thanks to a professional’s help or they can choose to build directly from one of our sets of plans. Be aware that a full custom home can very well take more than four months to complete depending on the level of finish desired and the overall complexity of the building materials scoped out.
- Available Financing: Another cause for delay in most home construction projects is securing the financing through banks and construction lenders. Timberlake Building & Renovations can help homeowners expedite this part of the home design process. We have trusted relationships with several lenders in the Maryland community. Our history with these professionals can ensure your finances are reviewed quickly and conveniently.
- Professional Staff: Timberlake Building & Renovations works hard to make sure home building projects can be completed as soon as possible. We regularly send our staff members to industry training events to maximize their effectiveness. The years of experience of our trade partners means that a project’s surprise problems are solved even before they come to light and that deadlines are met.
You can contact Timberlake Building & Renovations at (443) 837-3105 for more information on our speedy services. You can also research our construction and remodeling skills yourself by visiting our website.
Last updated 1 year ago
Our recent blog posts have discussed transforming your attic into a livable space and adding both function and style to your home. If you’re looking for more information about these topics or other custom home remodeling projects, these great resources will be worth exploring. If you’re a resident of Maryland, direct all of your home renovation questions to Timberlake Building & Renovations by calling (443) 837-3105.
- Check out Remodeling Magazine’s 2011-12 Cost vs. Value Report to see how converting your attic into an additional bedroom could be one of the smartest home renovation investments you can make in your house. Note that there are many drivers and other factors (i.e, structural and safety requirements, building code compliance) that can and will contribute to the cost and feasibility of an attic renovation.
- From the Chicago Tribune, browse this article for some accounts of the benefits of renovating your attic.
- For information to keep in mind when remodeling your attic into livable space, read the US Environment Protection Agency’s guide to indoor air quality and attic conversions.
- From Traditional Home Magazine, learn from one mother’s success in maximizing both style and functionality inside of her kitchen.
- For ten reasons to consider installing ceramic tile when you’re looking to boost function and style inside of your home, check out this list from DoItYourself.com.
Last updated 1 year ago
One of the hardships of any kitchen remodeling project is determining an accurate budget and actually falling in line with it. If you’re thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you probably have questions. How will your expenses be allocated? What unanticipated expenses do you need to prepare for? How can you stay on track with the budget you’ve set?
In this video presented by HGTV, Lise Simms will teach you five facts worth keeping in mind when you determine your kitchen remodeling budget. Find out some common kitchen remodeling surprises and how much in your budget you should reserve for them. From predetermining priorities ahead of time to the value of keeping a spreadsheet, learn some tips that will help you stay within your kitchen remodeling budget with this video.
If you’re in Maryland and would like to speak with a home renovation expert, call Timberlake Building & Renovations at (443) 837-3105. We strive to help central-Maryland residents realize their home addition and custom home remodeling needs.